- Volumes had shrunk to 1.4% of the total domestic premium lager portfolio.
- Product trial had fallen to 0.25%.
- No above-the-line, below-the-line or social media presence.
- Pitching against 8 large creative agencies, Openminds successfully won the business.
Develop a brand plan, brand ladder and formalise the brand metrics.
Conceptualise quarterly sales promotions, establishing budgets, selecting suppliers.
Establish the media plan and campaign rollout, ensuring high visibility in trade.
Design a comprehensive social media strategy and put in place a dedicated community management team
Facilitated an Ideation workshop with management, sales, brand, marketing, channel, agency, media and events/activation teams - utilising SAB Miller Brand Mastery techniques.
- Launched a 24-month brand thematic campaign.
- Initiated a strategic partnership with Parks & Recreation to co-brand all 65 of their large entrance welcome signs/billboards.
- Created "owned" sponsorship properties - The Victoria Falls Carnival, Brand Houses, and the Tiger Fishing Tournament (KITFT).
- Entered into a smart partnership with the 7-a-side National Rugby Team (The Cheetahs).
Trial of Zambezi increased to +8%.
- The total volume contribution towards the local premium lager portfolio grew to 39%.
- Zambezi won best Weigh Bay and Activation Team at the Tiger Fishing Tournament (KITFT).
- AB InBev recognised the communication work involved in the Follow the Call thematic as being "among the top of all their global brands".
- SAB Miller noted that the branding work done on Zambezi was the "Benchmark for local premium brands".
- Zambezi picked up a Gold medal at the International Beer & Wine Festival in Canada.
- The contract with Openminds was renewed perpetually for ten years.